New diagnoses — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New diagnoses

lou1987smith
lou1987smith Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2017 in Cerebral palsy
Hi everyone. Well our little mans had his mri and yesterday the drs phoned to say he has PVL damage so its cerebral palsy which iv said all along. Still waiting on appointment to see th dr but im hoping now people will start to work together.
We have had to put him back food wise as he his chewing isnt breaking up the food so is chocking and he now will only eat foods he can just swallow. He has constant diarrhoea  :'( aswell as is low muscle tone all over. Waiting on a walking frame been 4 weeks and counting 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lou1987smith welcome to the community.  Take a look at the Parents and Carers category to connect with others with children.

It sounds like you have had a tough time to get to this point, the community has so many members with lots of different experiences so do reach out if you have any specific questions.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hey @lou1987smith how are you all doing?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Rayche45
    Rayche45 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi Lou, hope you are ok and the little one is keeping you on your toes. 
    How how he?  I have twin boys which one has recently been diagnosed with cp. 

One thing I must say is keep on nagging at the relevance people. You shouldn't have to I know but it's a world of "who shouts the loudest" when It comes to the NHS and appointments. Xx
  • NatzG2021
    NatzG2021 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hey, my son had PVL from a delayed and horrible birth which they said could lead to cerebral palsy but something in my heart knew it was going to be severe and has been diagnosed with spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy, I am finding it hard to relate to my friends about the topic how is your little one doing 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.