failed pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

failed pip

abovenbeyond
abovenbeyond Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I received my dla £308 on 23-3-2017 and have failed pip so my dla stops on 11-4-17 ...am I entitled to another payment...?

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    You might want to re-post in the Ask a benefits advisor category.
  • davet
    davet Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
     I recently lost my mobility component on dla changing to pip, I used to get my dla in the middle of the month, but was told my pip would be paid at the end, I did get a small dla payment as usual and checked with dwp who said that due to the date pip is paid from i was entitled to a dla payment, I would give the dla a call and ask if this applies to you
  • WheelyRachel
    WheelyRachel Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Oh this is happening to far to many please contact the pip advices from scope and try appealing again.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    The helpline is on 0808 800 3333, they do get very busy but keep trying.  :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    abovenbeyond,

It all depends on the date of the PIP decision. You need to know what the next DLA pay date after that was (I'm not sure if that was the one you got on 23.3.17, or whether there was another one due after the PIP decision)? Your DLA stops four weeks after the pay date following the PIP decision.

Summarising:

date of PIP decision (should be on the letter you got)
    next DLA pay date
    four weeks more DLA after that.

So I agree with the advice to give DLA a call & check whether you've already had all the payments due to you or there are more to come.

Of course, the other thing to check is whether you should challenge the PIP decision! You should ask for a mandatory reconsideration within one month if you can. Maybe do the PIP self-test first to see if you think you should qualify.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• JLM1972
    JLM1972 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    edited April 2017
    Have you asked  for  a  mandatory  reconsideration? You will need  to provide additional  evidence to support it though.  Hope you get it sorted

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.