Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.


hi i was wondering if someone can help me i have fybromyalgia and in severe pain but i don't know if this is classed as a disability i work 21.5hrs a week but really finding it extremely painful and exhaustion would i get disability from job centre?


  • AlexAlex Scope Team Posts: 1,325 Scope community team
    Hi Tracey,

    As it affects your ability to work, it sounds like you might be eligible for Employment and Support Allowance:


  • CatmanCatman Member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Hi Tracey.

    Fibromyalgia is most DEFINATELY classed as a disability, I suffer from it to and lost my job as an Aircraft Fitter due to it. I get ESA (I'm in the support group now, get extra money and no longer have to provide a fit note) and I get the higher level of PIP for daily living. Fibromyalgia can be like a living hell. 

    I was originally diagnosed with CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) by a Psychiatrist back in 2009 after my doctors at the time thought it was depression. Sadly there's no quick fix to Fibro and meds only work on about 38 % of patients. 

    I wish you well. 
Sign in or join us to comment.