If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Fibromyalgia

hi i was wondering if someone can help me i have fybromyalgia and in severe pain but i don't know if this is classed as a disability i work 21.5hrs a week but really finding it extremely painful and exhaustion would i get disability from job centre?

Replies

• AlexAlex Posts: 1,325Scope Team Scope community team
    Hi Tracey,

As it affects your ability to work, it sounds like you might be eligible for Employment and Support Allowance:

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/eligibility

• CatmanCatman Posts: 64Member Courageous
    Hi Tracey.

Fibromyalgia is most DEFINATELY classed as a disability, I suffer from it to and lost my job as an Aircraft Fitter due to it. I get ESA (I'm in the support group now, get extra money and no longer have to provide a fit note) and I get the higher level of PIP for daily living. Fibromyalgia can be like a living hell. 

I was originally diagnosed with CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) by a Psychiatrist back in 2009 after my doctors at the time thought it was depression. Sadly there's no quick fix to Fibro and meds only work on about 38 % of patients. 

I wish you well. 
Sign in or join us to comment.