If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


pippip ConnectedPosts: 72Member Connected
I may ask an expert but write to any readers who may know about provision for a disabled adult son in his older age, my dad left money for me for a pension or living expenses in my old age, as I have a mental illness and had difficulty securing paid employment, mum holds the money, she is 90. does anyone know about trusts or gift transfers?


  • Blue FrogBlue Frog Pioneering Posts: 373Member Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Have a look at Mencap's website. There is a lot of info on there. They do free talks and seminars regularly across the UK and they have a list of solicitors who specialise in these matters in each local area.

    They helped me with setting up a trust for my little girl so that she will be ok if anything happens to me. 
  • pippip Connected Posts: 72Member Connected
    edited April 2017
    thankyou, mencap have kindly sent me things in the post.
Sign in or join us to comment.