advice re pip mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

advice re pip mandatory reconsideration

annaR
annaR Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there,
I wonder if you can give me advice re pip mandatory reconsideration?
I went to an atos assessment and the result was standard rate for care and mobility components.
I missed out on mobility by 2 points(I was awarded 10),for moving around.
I sent in my mandatory reconsideration within the 28 days from original award letter.
This was on the 28/2/17,and was sent recorded delivery.
I realise there is no set time limit for a decision,but I am getting very anxious as I have heard nothing so far.
Can you advise me on what to do,or should I wait longer?
Many thanks,
Anna

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @annaR welcome to the community, I was reading some advice from the @BenefitsTrainingCo on this post where they said:

Unfortunately there is no strict timescales for the DWP to conduct mandatory reconsiderations, and the decision cannot be appealed until this stage has been completed.
    In practice it normally takes between 2-8 weeks provided it is logged on their system as being a reconsideration request -in this regard I recommend calling them after around 10 days to make sure the request has been logged appropriately. The number is 0345 8503322. 
    There is also lots of information here about mandatory reconsiderations and the appeal process.

Let us know what happens and do take a look around the PIP category as so many of our members have experience of this and may be able to offer you support and information.

Best of luck to you 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Spottylegs
    Spottylegs Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Gosh that could be myself writing that I had the same outcome I got a Letter from my GP and have posted it back for a reconsideration.
    Except It was a Paramedic who donne mine from Capita

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.