Hi, I think I have learning disabilities and attention issues — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I think I have learning disabilities and attention issues

fahadshafiq
fahadshafiq Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
I think I am suffering from Learing disability and attention issues. Is there any help available from where I can find out if I am suffering from some kind of mental health issue? 

Who should i contact ? I feel a bit shy as I am 34 years old. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fahadshafiq welcome to the community.

If you are concerned about your mental health and/or worries about learning difficulties and attention then you should definitely speak to your GP and work with them to get diagnosis and support.  I understand this can be a scary thing to do but you really need to get expert advice and then once you understand any diagnosis there are so many places for support.

Why do you feel this way? Has something happened for you to question this?  How old are you? Was this ever picked up on in school?

We have a lovely community here with members who have so many different experiences and can offer you information and support but I think the first step would be to speak to your GP.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.