Dla to pip appeal waiting times — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla to pip appeal waiting times

Bobo6677
Bobo6677 Community member Posts: 12 Courageous
Hi, I had my dla to pip appeal this morning does anyone know how long it will take, for a decision to be made any information would be greatly appreciated, I am a bag of nerves waiting, thanks bobo 

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    I had mine almost 2 weeks ago so I'll let you know but I've been told it could take 2-6 weeks 
  • Bobo6677
    Thanks Janice,appreciate it,my wife who is 63 got a medical at home (never asked for it ) 5 weeks ago she has copd and and some other conditions,she gets very short of breath some days good some days not so good,anyway ATOS lady arrived at exactly 12 noon came in asked my wife a couple of questions and said to her I am not going to give you a medical because I can see how short of breath you are.my wife was on middle rate care and middle rate mobility,she told her she should be on enhanced care and enhanced mobility and that's what she would be recommending,she was in and out of the house in 15 minutes she also said that was the quickest medical she has ever done. We did not know what to think as she was very nice and pleasant she said when the decision came in and my wife was not awarded both high rates of pip then the decision maker did not read her report and to phone the DWP and complain yes complain,anyway 3 weeks later the brown envelope dropped through the letterbox and exactly as she said enhanced rate for both care and mobility,it also said she would not be reassessed until 2027 or later,we have heard of some nightmare medicals but maybe we were just lucky,sorry for going on a bit but maybe there is some decent medical assessors out there,thanks Brian 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Very pleased for your wife, @Bobo6677.
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    @Bobo6677 pleased you have it sorted out :-)

• nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    bobo667 if its any help, i had my assement last april, got the first payment for PIP end of september, they paid my DLA as normal up till then. it might be quicker this year.good luck
  • Bobo6677
    Ok thanks for that 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.