Hi, my name is CatherineFearnley! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is CatherineFearnley!

Options
Before Christmas 2016.  I suffered from a really bad fall.  I fractured, dislocated and tore ligaments in my left elbow and arm.  I am still unable to straighten this properly and yet am expected to go back to the job centre and make a fresh claim for JSA.  I do not know the kind of work I can do as I cannot do certain activities such as lift anything heavy, hold full cups of liquid and sometimes unable to open doors depending what side the handle is on or how heavy the doors are.  I could appeal the decision but have decided against this and wait and see what happens in the future.  I also have to go for physio every week and attend hospital appointments with my consultants every now and then.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.