Hi, my name is Bickleyfamily! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Bickleyfamily!

Bickleyfamily
Bickleyfamily Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hello

Yes I'm new here. Not sure where to post or what to say. 

Tips please. 

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @Bickleyfamily

Welcome to the community!

We'd love to know more about you, if you'd be able to share.

You can take a look around the community to find things of interest (list of all the categories is at the bottom of the page). We also have a general chat category here: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge

Thanks!
  • Bickleyfamily
    Well. Here goes.  
    I'm a mature lady of a certain age. Single mum to two autistic and fantastic kids. My mum isn't too well and she is 98. I work part time and find I get lonely and depressed. 
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi,
    It's good to virtually meet you. That sounds tough. How old are your kids?

Do get involved with us here (and on the coffee lounge), we're a friendly bunch! 
  • Bickleyfamily
    Hello

Update since I said hello. My 98 year old mums in hospital seriously ill. Been sitting by her bed constantly feeling sick and anxious. I think it's the fear of never seeing or speaking to her again.  

Shouldn't life get easier as we get older?   

My sons 26 but mental age of about 12 and still needs watching or walks into posts in the pavement, bless him. His sister, my daughter is 20 but as she helps me a lot has no social life or friends so is a nieve twenty year old.  

Anyone live in stoke on trent?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.