Travel advice please? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Travel advice please?

nanof6
nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
hi everyone i need some help, my daughter said she would treat me to a west end show for Mamma Mia, i had to say no.

I know the trains are great for wheelchairs and all the help you get, but what happenes when i leave the train,  then i came across a post wich said the bus has a button you press and a wheelchair can get on,

im from london but live in west wales for 45years so i didnt no anything about the busses in london,does anyone no how i would get from the train to a hotel if i can find one, to the west end.

my chair can do 7miles before recharge, so i need to find out distances, i expect i would get cardiff to london train i dont even no where in london station i will end up,would it be near the west end?

what im realy asking is would someone with good experance help out with telling me a good way to go  please, because i havnt got a clue.

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Hi Nanof6!

That sounds exciting!

Trains from Cardiff get in to Paddington station. Mamma Mia is at the Novello Theatre in Aldwych. 

It's quite far - but luckily it's really easy to make the journey - it's just one bus for 50 minutes - the number 23, and it's just across the road from the bus to the theatre.

There's a button to request the ramp on the middle of the bus. Also - if someone is with you, they can just go and ask the driver.

Hopefully this link will show you the TFL search. You can change the time/date etc. quite easily (in the "preferences" just tick "step-free" to find the best ways of getting around).

There are hundreds of hotels around there, hopefully someone has a recommendation. I think most of the hotel search websites will let you find an accessible hotel near Aldwych.

Hope that helps!

• nanof6
    THANKYOU SO MUCH ALEX.I WILL CHECK THST NOW.
  • anaqi
    anaqi Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    You might find this video helpful.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy85zK2c5JU

I used London buses this week and it was pretty easy.
  • nanof6
    anaqi, thank you so much gives me a lot of confidence

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.