Had anyone else noticed a rise in abuse? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had anyone else noticed a rise in abuse?

Options
Fubarred
Fubarred Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2017 in Start here and say hello!
Had anyone else noticed a rise in abuse ? Ever since this government levelled a stream of  what can only be termed as abuse towards those with mental health or physical disabities, I personally have noticed a rise in insults and abuse. Over the last year's this government has labelled us as lazy, work shy,  benefit fraudsters, non aspirational, and non deserving. I have been spat at, shouted at (get to work ya lazy b*****rd , told to go home and don't scare the public.). The list just goes on. Has anyone else noticed this rise, it is it just me ?

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi @Fubarred, sorry to hear  what was happening to you. Your story is sad. 
    It is sad how other  people  (government, healthy) treating disable people anyway. 
    Tell them next time that in the eyes of God we are all equals and one day they can suffer too. 
    I hope you will not face any more similar situations. I know you fill angry but try to take a deep breath and change the negative experience into positive one. 

I hope you will be able to relax and chill out over the Easter at least. 

Wishing you warm and happy moments over Easter. 

Iza 
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi @Fubarred

Welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear the abuse you've faced.

I've moved your post to the "disabled people" category to see if others have had similar experiences.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.