spastic Diplegia and back problems — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

spastic Diplegia and back problems

Options
Smudge
Smudge Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have  spastic Diplegia all my life i am 50. I could not walk until i was three.
i have had two ops on hamstrings and Achilles which made me walk on my heels. 
I work. and i still think that doctors still do not know enough to help.  Just recently i have been having lower back problem, any one else having the same and take anything for it.

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Smudge and welcome to the community.

While you may not be overly impressed with doctors it is always worth checking the causes of lower back pain. What is causing the pain can affect how effective different treatment can be. Also if you could block the pain without knowing the cause you could cause further damage.

Alternatively have a chat with your local chemist and see what they recommend.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Smudge
    Smudge Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for that I will definitely have a word with the chemist
  • htlcy
    htlcy Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Smudge thanks for sharing your story. I actually have hemiplegia but I also have a severe spinal condition as a result. As far as I am aware cerebral palsy can indeed contribute to back and spinal issues so definitely go to get it checked if you can. The key is finding someone who is willing to listen.  It's frustrating,  I know, but that's my advice. Let us know how you get on.
    Heather 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.