every new say is à bonus — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

every new say is à bonus

Options
laila
laila Community member Posts: 48 Connected
HI EVERY ONE,
  I m a new member in this community ,it s a bit different for me to be talking here to poeple like me who are disabled .I happen to forget about my handicaps until somebody makes some reference to it. In my country, very little is done for disabled, we rely too much on ourselves to survive .Here when I see that poeple are protesting about their conditions, I m pleased that they re defending their rights.I m happy to chat and share experiences with you.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @laila - where are you from?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • laila
    Options
    Hi Sam, I m from Morroco. I have too many things to share especially for those who have never been to the north of Africa. 
      I d be pleased to talk to you
  • WheelyRachel
    WheelyRachel Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Options
    Welcome @laila
    i hope your find this forum very useful and friendly as I did when I first joined and still do. 
  • laila
    Options
    Hi@WheelyRachel
    Thanks for answering my message. Yes I like this forum though I don t have a lot of free time to devote to reading and answering mails, I manage to space some spaces fromto time.
  • chivchiv
    chivchiv Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hello Ialia I have just joined this forum.
    I have been to Morocco many years ago but know Turkey much better.
    Yes, I was truly shocked at the lack of understanding of how you cope with disability in that part of the world.
    Twice , I saw adults carrying others with walking problems on their backs, as no wheel-chair, one was a man carrying his adult brother and another woman carrying her teenage son.
    Don't you think when visiting other countries as tourists we are shielded from the harsher side of life. I am from London UK.

CHIVCHIVXX

• laila
    Options
    Hi CHIVCHIV, you re right, diabled in our country suffer from many problems that s why I d like to start an association to help mainly children. I feel concerned because I had the possibility to study and  live almost a normal life, thing that many are still lacking. Thank for your message.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.