Now we need to act. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Now we need to act.

Zec Richardson
Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
Without a doubt the majority of us on here have suffered due to the welfare cuts, but mainly the scrapping of DLA and the problematic introduction of PiP. 

We have a general election coming up, the Conservatives are very confident and the polls show that they should be. 

Individually we may be weak but together we are strong and the disabled community and their families are great in number and so please make sure you vote. 

Make sure you register for the postal vote if you can't get out to vote or if there is a risk that a flare up could mean you may not make it to vote. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Great reminder @Zec Richardson

You can find out more about registering for postal votes here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Chriser
    Chriser Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Yes you are right , I lost my pension credit because I share a house with someone else, what next will we lose.
  • nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    SNP LET SLIP LIVE ON TV TORIES HAVE 90 MILLION MORE CUTS COMMING FROM DWP

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Labour have said they'd stop PIP reassessments for degenerative conditions, get rid of Atos and Capita, and wouldn't  use any more private assessment companies.
  • MIKE100
    MIKE100 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    I have already received my postal vote, I have not used it yet but I will be voting for the Labour Party because of the fact that they are saying that they are going to stop all this messing about with people's benefits which is making it more difficult for people and they also intend to scrap the bedroom tax I believe and also looking at scraping sanctions which I believe puts people into real hardship
  • Anto
    Anto Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I am worried about the new rules of home care were the government would be taking a chunk of money from my home when I die I was hoping to leave it to my children as even though they are adults they are finding it difficult. This seems so unfair to me.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.