From DLA to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

From DLA to PIP

samparrot123
samparrot123 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
edited April 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi sent my forms back on Feb 10 th ,had a letter back to say they had sent my forms back to DWP but I haven't heard anything since ,is this a good sign or what ?really getting me down now I don't need this worry (help)

Comments

• WheelyRachel
    WheelyRachel Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    You should hopefully within the next ten days get the decision. Good luck 
  • samparrot123
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Any news @samparrot123 ?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • samparrot123
    Sent my forms in on Feb 10 ,had letter back saying that they were sending them to the DWP and I haven't heard a word since ,although they paid my DLA for April as usual ,I am 69 in August ,anybody got any idea what's going on ?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    @samparrot123

As long as they are still paying your DLA as usual I wouldn't worry too much.  DWP should have sent your file to Atos/Capita by now - maybe your local assessment centre has a backlog.  You could phone the PIP helpline and ask when when your papers were sent to Atos/Capita but personally I wouldn't do too much in the way of chasing up.  There just seems to be a delay, not a problem with your claim since they are still paying your DLA.  Better to stay on DLA as long as possible as the transition from DLA to PIP isn't always smooth and your turn for PIP assessment will come round soon enough.
  • samparrot123
    Thanks.Matilda ,I've had a letter from Atos/Capita a few weeks ago ,the letter said that they were sending the forms to DWP and I've heard nothing since ?
  • Matilda
    So @samparrot123 you've already had your assessment.  DWP can take a long time to make a decision.  I wouldn't worry as you'll still get your DLA in meanwhile.
  • samparrot123
    Thanks Matida ,it's just this waiting and worrying,but as soon as I know anything I will let you know ,thanks.
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    @Sam_Scope. I would like to leave a message on your wall, is that ok? and if so please can you tell me how I do that ? Thanks 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Justice you can write here or you can email me on community@scope.org.uk 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • samparrot123
    Hi I told you that I had sent in forms from DLA toPIP on Feb 10th ,had letter to say that they were sending it to DWP ,however I checked my bank account for May and my DLA has gone in and it was slightly more than usual ,anybody got any idea what's going on ? I don't want to contact them not to rock the boat.
  • Matilda
    There was the annual benefits rate rise in April.  No, don't rock the boat.  All the while they continue to pay you your DLA you don't need to worry.

The delay might be due to the assessment company having a large backlog of cases.
  • shell2222
    shell2222 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    hi i applied for pip in january it's a tranfer over from dla  i sent my forms in end of february had a letter of capita to say dwp have sent my forms to them and if i need a f2f they send me appointment but heard nothing since it's been 10 weeks now and nothing yet i no people who had they assiment way by now and a decision in less than 10 weeks who will have gone to the same capita as me it's so streefull 
  • Matilda
    @shell2222 and @samparrot123

Probably it's because the assessment company has a backlog.

But maybe worth phoning assessment company to check if they've sent you an appointment in the post and you haven't received the letter.
  • shell2222
    shell2222 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    ok it's just i now somebody who had there f2f in less than 5 weeks in february with the same assiment provider as me and thank you 
  • samparrot123
    Hello again ,I sent my forms in on Feb.10 today is May 29thand I still haven't heard a thing ,I went to an appointment at the hospital last week and my oxygen was at 70 ,I also have RA and chronic heart disease ,and ankylosiing spondylitis I am 68 and will be 69 in Aug.and emphysema and copd and fibrosis in my lungs ,I don't want to ring them to rock the boat and I am really getting worried about what to do ,? by the way I'm still had my DLA for May. HELP
  • Matilda
    edited June 2017
    @samparrot123

Maybe re-post in 'Ask a benefits advisor category'.  They'd know if there are long backlogs in some areas.
  • samparrot123
    Just an update ,my daughter rang about my DLA to PIP request yesterday 2nd June and they informed her that they will be making a house call ,I never asked them to ,they said that it will be at least another six weeks before they will contact me ,I don't know if this is good or bad ,can anyone help me out ?
  • Matilda
    @samparrot123

I wouldn't worry.  They'll deal with your PIP sooner or later and in the meantime you'll still receive your DLA.
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    @ Samparrot123. I don't know if the backlog is the same for PIP as it is for ESA, but my Husband sent in his original form for the ESA beginning of June 2016. He had his assessment 27th March 2017. I don't know if this is a record! but as Matilda says, try to put it out of your mind, at least you are still in receipt of your DLA.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.