All my medical records were lost — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

All my medical records were lost

Options
Flowerz123
Flowerz123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi  guys can anyone help me please, I've been on disability benifits since 1978, now DLA have changed to PIP My mobility has been tajen away, but  all my medical records were lost in transition in 1984, when the told Me there was no mention in the report about my replacement spine,  my replacement hips,  my quench Harrington rod clip to my spine,my grand mal epilepsy and my left shoulder that's shattered in 25 places,  or my arthritis,  all the women wanted to know is about my good days.this has made me really ill I am bow in oranorph and muscle relaxants. 
How can the maje a judgement with no records  the evidence in in the records.
 If a person goes to court and there is no evidence to convict them they can't go to prison

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Flowerz123 and welcome to the community.

PIP, like DLA is more concerned on how you are affected in every day tasks and getting around rather than what is wrong with you. From what you are saying most of the conditions, procedures happen before 1984 when your records were lost?

Even with the loss of records some of the conditions mentioned would be easy to verify through xrays. Others like your grand mal and arthritis if treated with drugs should be easy to prove, as the doctor should be aware of why they are prescribing these drugs to you.

I would suggest either posting to our benefit advisors, or face to face with CAB or someone similar who can get a better picture of what is happening and how best to make an appeal.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Flowerz123,

Welcome to the community. I've moved your post to our benefit advisor category to see if they have any suggestions for you.

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

Hi Flowerz123,

Geoark is quite right in what they say - the recent PIP decision is based on your 'capabilities' rather than your conditions.

As such it is my opinion that even if you still had all the pre-1984 evidence this would not be particularly helpful to your case, as the DWP need to know what your difficulties are now, not 33 years ago.

My advice going forward, is don't dwell on the past. Have a look at the PIP criteria, which are different from the DLA criteria, concentrating on the difficulties you have now. The Benefits and Work website have a 'self test' facility which is useful  http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/  . If you think you probably meet the criteria then request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the decision as soon as possible.

If you do this, get medical evidence from the practitioners you see now, or those you have seen in recent years.

My only word of caution with the Mandatory Recon, is remember that the DWP (and Tribunals Service) can reduce awards as well as increase them.

Good luck with it! and do re-post if you decide to request the Mandatory Recon and need more pointers.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.