If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Issues with work

SystemSystem Scope community teamPosts: 396 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is Samantha74!.

Replies

• Samantha74Samantha74 Listener Posts: 3Member Listener
    Hi, 

I'd like some information,  support about employment, I'm a qualified social worker and have been practicing and employed for 16 yrs but have recently had a new manager who lacks understanding about my disability and when I tried to explain he refused to listen and as a result I had a health assessment through occupational health but I feel all this has been so unnecessary and left me feeling stressed and disappointed, I feel that everything has been pulled apart and disected when HR knew all along and could have passed information on without me being left to feel worthless,  I'm currently off work sick due to work related stress and am having counselling,   I've got ataxic cerebral palsy which effects mobility and bladder and bowel function and as a result I have a physical disability and use a catheter and have a stoma,  any suggestions would be very helpful many thanks 
  • AlexAlex Scope community team Posts: 1,325Scope Team Scope community team
    edited May 2017
    Hi @Samantha74,

I've just created a new discussion with your comment.

Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. There's some info about disability discrimination here  that might be helpful.

@Snowbird is this something you might be able to help with?
  • Samantha74Samantha74 Listener Posts: 3Member Listener
    Hi

Thanks how do I see responses

Thanks Sam
Sign in or join us to comment.