Pip mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mandatory reconsideration

Options
dan20ddf
dan20ddf Community member Posts: 39 Connected
Hi I appeal my mandatory reconsideration unfortunately it's not been changed so I am quite upset I've sent loads evidence and Letters I scored 4 point mobility and 8 on care but mobility i am appealing remained same on 4 points even with letters ive sent explaining great detail my problems so was quite surprised not even changed so now got go third stage can help me what need do next 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @dan20ddf,

Can I clarify what stage you are up to with challenging your decision?

Have you now received a mandatory reconsideration notice ? This is a letter from the DWP saying that they have considered your claim again. You should receive 2 copies of the same letter. If you have received this then you can now seek to challenge the decision by appealing to a Tribunal. You have one month from the date on the top of the letter to send to HMCTS a SSCS1 form http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=3038
    You can appeal later than 1 month, but you will need to have reasons why the appeal is late.
    You must include a copy of your Mandatory Reconsideration Notice with your SSCS1 form.

If you have already appealed and had your case heard by a tribunal then I would strongly recommend that you get advice at a local advice centre as there are very limited grounds for challenging a decision at this stage. The SCOPE helpline number above should be able to provide you with details of assistance available in your local area.

Good luck,

Laura

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.