If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Constant 24/7

Julie_1963Julie_1963 Posts: 2Member Listener
edited May 2017 in Dealing with chronic pain
I'm having problems with pip and esa trying to explain to them that I'm in constant pain all over my body but these people don't believe me it's messing with my head im v depressed got anxiety threw it getting to the stage I'm questioning my self I can't sleep cause off pain etc I'm going mad ino I'm in pain but get told by people who ain't in my body 24/7 what am I to do????

Replies

• GeoarkGeoark Posts: 1,121Community champion Pioneering
    Hi Julie_1963 and welcome to the community.

There is little you can do about idiots who think they know your body better than you. With chronic pain it can be easy to concentrate on that aspect than what else is happening, or so I have found. Sleep, or lack of it, can have a huge impact, have you asked your doctor to refer you to the sleep clinic?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,477Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @Julie_1963 it can be really difficult to deal with chronic pain, anxiety and depression and even tougher to explain it to assessors.

There is a CAB site that helps you to fill out PIP forms very specifically, question by question.  

What point are you at in the PIP process?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.