Constant 24/7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Constant 24/7

Julie_1963
Julie_1963 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm having problems with pip and esa trying to explain to them that I'm in constant pain all over my body but these people don't believe me it's messing with my head im v depressed got anxiety threw it getting to the stage I'm questioning my self I can't sleep cause off pain etc I'm going mad ino I'm in pain but get told by people who ain't in my body 24/7 what am I to do????

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Julie_1963 and welcome to the community.

There is little you can do about idiots who think they know your body better than you. With chronic pain it can be easy to concentrate on that aspect than what else is happening, or so I have found. Sleep, or lack of it, can have a huge impact, have you asked your doctor to refer you to the sleep clinic?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Julie_1963 it can be really difficult to deal with chronic pain, anxiety and depression and even tougher to explain it to assessors.

There is a CAB site that helps you to fill out PIP forms very specifically, question by question.  

What point are you at in the PIP process?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.