Pip awarded — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip awarded

Angela77
Angela77 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I've bn awarded pip when will I know of my first payment 

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @Angela77 Congratulations. It says on your Decision letter when you will get your payments. 
  • Angela77
    I can't work it out I'm goin on decision letter I got on day of appeal 

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @Angela Sorry but I've not been to Appeal. There will be benefit advisers online tomorrow to help you...X
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi Angela77,

Congrats on winning the appeal!

The Tribunals decision has now been sent to the DWP (the government department who process the PIP claims) to action.

Assuming the DWP are not planning on appealing the decision further, there is no strict timescale in which they need to pay the claim, but normally within 4 weeks you will have received a letter from them, confirming the award of benefit, what your rate and regular payments will be, and the amount of backpay. If you haven't heard from them within 4 weeks, I would recommend calling them on 0345 850 3322 to chase (you can of course call them much sooner - no harm done!).

At the back of your mind, do bear in mind that the DWP have up to one month to consider requesting a 'Statement of Reasons' from the tribunal if they wish to consider appealing the decision further, and that this can sometimes delay matters. It is in fact rare for them to do so, but I just thought I'd make you aware. The first you would know about this would probably be the Statement of Reasons in the post from the Tribunals Service, and if you receive one of these I would recommend re-posting for further advice (the reason I won't go into it all now is that it's so unlikely).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• Angela77
    Thank you much appreciate 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.