Hi, my name is mummybear! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mummybear!

mummybear
mummybear Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everybody! I'm new here and would love a bit of advice please.  I applied for PIP in late February but still haven't heard anything back from them. Should I be concerned at all? I'm really worrying now that maybe something is wrong

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mummybear

I suggest that you repost in Ask a benefits advisor category.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Hi @mummybear

If you applied in late February and haven't heard anything yet then I suggest that you phone the DWP and ask at what stage your claim is at.

Try phoning DWP PIP HELPLINE on 0345 850 3322 (Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm).

It could be that your claim is held up with whichever Medical Services company covers your area. (ATOS or CAPITA) If this is the case, then you could try phoning the Medical Services company directly and arranging your appointment.
    I looked for the telephone numbers for you to have, but again these are dependent on where you live. So I would suggest phoning the DWP first and see what the problem is, then come back to us if you need any further help.

Hope this helps and your claim is sorted soon,

Laura 

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.