My PIP Tribunal is Starting — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP Tribunal is Starting

johnny100
johnny100 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
Today is the day when action has started on my forthcoming tribunal.I have employed a solicitor to delve through all my PIP paperwork and to pull it apart.The DWP have had loads of information from me to right the wrongs.I jhave had three  MRs which say exactly the same.My solicitor is also including a Barrister.I am not bothered about the cost its the satisfaction of putting ATOS/DWP in there place and give the Disabled people  respect and honesty whan carrying out assessment and stop all these lies.

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    @johnny100 I for one will be following your journey with interest. I've had 6 more points added to my claim from evidence the assessor had in the beginning. Have you got a date yet for the Appeal ? 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck with your appeal, @johnny100.
  • jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    All luck  from me too  @johnny100,and hope it goes well.
  • Tacex
    Tacex Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I seriously wish you all the best and hope you give the feckers some real kin sh*t 

Andy 
  • johnny100
    I go to the solicitors next week as he has loads of paperwork to trawl through,my concerns in the PIP are The points awarded and they keep ignoring the words help,assistance,supervision,and most important all the safety factors particually in the kitchen,from where I have been banished by my wife.And of cause my mobility point whare I scored 10 points ..
  • wildlife
    edited August 2017
    @johnny100 They ignored the safety factors for my DL too. I'm a disaster in the kitchen dropping things, spilling things, knocking pan handles, misjudging spaces to put hot trays down. Constantly burning myself. I do try and cook as I've always done it but MOH is at my shoulder knowing he'll be needed. He goes out every morning to my disabled son who lives nearby but peels veg. before he goes. I cry out with pain (and anger after the PIP process) if I try and do it. They knew about arthritis following 2 whiplash injuries but ignored it in the scoring. I was scored for needing aids i.e. a bar stool cause that's all I've got. How is that going to keep me safe? My problems are neurological and no tests for that are done at the assessment. My MP mentioned that this is a problem with PIP. In 2010 this problem was accepted at Tribunal to give me DLA for life but they make the excuse the criteria is different.
               Showering is the same for safety after 4 falls last year I'm expected to stand in a slippery bath and hold a rail and wash myself. I'd need 4 arms to do that. I wonder if we could sue them if there's an accident when we're struggling to do something alone when they've said we don't need help. I wish !!!....
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    @ Johnny100 The very best of luck. I have been dealing with an assessor who knowingly put false information on my Husband's assessment form, then signed it off as being done in accordance with the regulations. This is for ESA by the way, we have not yet had the " Invitation" to PIPS, although I dread the day that pops through the letterbox as it seems horrendous from what I have read on here.

The stupid assessor in my Husband's case though picked the wrongs ones to play silly buggers with. We pulled his stupid assessment to bits, and he is now on a disciplinary, our MP also wanted his name and registration number in case he pops up on another complaint.

It is so not right that you have to spend money on a Solicitor why should YOU who has the illness/disability have to argue the toss against some  idiot of an assessor. I have never come accross one yet who makes any sense.

@ wildlife I know you will keep fighting :-), but then again it is time you had a bit of peace and quiet. ( Hug). You said you had more to tell me for the Book? 
    I look forward to that.x
  • wildlife
    @Justice, Feel free to use any part of the above post. It gives a more human side of how the process makes you feel. You're right my story is not yet finished, it will take a lot longer as I wait trying to be patient for people to get back to me. No wonder they're all so busy with the amount of complaints they're getting. 
  • Justice
    @Wildlife. Thanks for that I will do that. I know it is horrendous the way we all have to wait. The daft thing about it is, if they did it properly in the first place they would make it easier for themselves too. The whole system is a shambles to be honest.
  • Matilda
    And it be cheaper, too, if they knew what they were doing.
  • johnny100
    Basicually it keeps the DWP in a job,just pen pushers who do not know right from wrong,over payed 35 hr week and goodknows what other perks,bonus they get.   
  • Justice
    edited August 2017
    @ Matilda @Johnny100  Yes it would be a lot cheaper if they did the job right. I have no idea what the DWP workers get, but my Son texted me a Job Vacancy he found for a " Health Care Professional"..( Yes one of those wonderful people who do the assessments), we all know their idea of being professional, don't we?
    The starting salary was between £35 to £38K
    How annoying is that?!!
  • Matilda
    @Justice

But applicants do have to have a degree in lying and incompetence ;).
  • Justice
    @Matilda  Yes, and seems there are plenty of them who meet that criteria :-)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.