The PIP process, fibromyalgia and mental health — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The PIP process, fibromyalgia and mental health

suebabe
suebabe Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've just recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia after years of not being well with mental health issues and other symptoms x my husband also has mental health problems and he's stressing out over going for pip this process is awful it put so much pressure on people who are already fragile with one thing and another . Are these people even trained in what you have wrong with you do they even understand the complexity of a mental illness borderline personality disorder is complex there are so many different types but they send you to see a person who sits there and from the start they make you feel like your a liar . Yes there are people out there who do scam the system but we are not them and they ask you stupid questions like can you bend what the he'll has that to do with your mind .but we go through this so we have enough money to survive I don't drive a BMW or a Mercedes or have 9 holidays a year it's for food n bills and for things for my garden which helps keep us sane all people on the sick ask is don't put us all in the same box as the scammers . We just need a bit extra to survive I don't look sick but I am fibromyalgia is no picnic it leaves you feeling tired and sore all over each day is a battle but I don't give up even when people make me feel **** by looking at me like a scrounger well I'm not I'm just not well mentally and physically so give us a break we would like to be what is perceived as normal but we're not .

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @suebabe Im sorry you are going through such a tough time.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • suebabe
    suebabe Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thanks it's knocked me sideways never thought I could get so sore all over but I'm still here and fighting on x
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2017
    I don't have fibromyalgia but I do have fatigue through another chronic illness and I totally understand about feeling knocked for six.

The PIP process can be really difficult and stressful, but there is lots of information here and so many of our members have been or are going through the process so if you have any specific questions then please do ask away!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • jeana1
    jeana1 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Hi Sue..I know exactly how you feel! I have Fibro M too...its so complex ...Im also extremely deaf ( from birth) and have various other health problems...Ive been waiting for 4mnths for my assessment date..i demanded it to be at home as i cant get where they assess ppl..My home assessment is on Monday..im dreading it..but have to keep strong ...any other ppl on here had home visits? Id like some pointers on this...
    Thanks ..

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.