how can I get a good wheelchair? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

how can I get a good wheelchair?

Khuluwa21
Khuluwa21 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
:D I would like to know how can I get a good wheelchair ♿ and sponsorship to extend my studies?

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    Hi @Khuluwa21

Welcome to the community. Where do you live?

There is some information about getting a wheelchair here.

• mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Hi @Khuluwa21
    Welcome, sorry no idea about sponsorship.. Good you say more. Like what you are hoping to do study wise? 

In terms of wheelchair, I assume from your picture that you have a wheelchair? What do you want to improve on? (love  a good wheelchair chat me!) 

My 3 routes of obtaining chairs were:

Loan off British red cross (temporarily) 

NHS route - referred by gp, waited, got appointments, was assessed for needs, wheelchair built to my spec.... Lots of waiting.... Got great manual wheelchair

Motobility - we decided it was easier for us to get power chair thrpugh motobility, through higher level PIP mobility.  I know most get car but we decided to adapt current car/ buy with loan from secondhand converted car dealer and get wheelchair through motobility as I wanted 's high cost chair. I adore it, has changed my life.... 

What about you, what do you need/want? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.