If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Housing help?

SystemSystem Posts: 413 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi I'm Rebecca ask me questions about Mental Health.

Replies

• Golden1974Golden1974 Posts: 1Member Listener
    Hi Rebecca ,  I have one of the new 5 year housing asociation tenancies. I'm starting to panick a little now as it is coming towards the end. What will happen to me. I belive my son will probably move out within the next year or so. That will leave myself and 17 year old daughter in a 3 bed house. I have CMHT and am recieving esa and pip. The thought of moving is filling me with dread. Are they likely to move me to smaller property.
    many thanks
  • RebeccaMHadvisorRebeccaMHadvisor Posts: 99Member Courageous

Hi @Golden1974

A lack of stability over something as important as ‘where will I live’ can have a massive impact on your mental health. It sounds like, with your son possibly moving out your housing situation may not be the only change on the horizon.

First things first, let’s get your housing situation sorted. Different housing providers have different ways of dealing with flexible tenancies so it is important that you talk to your housing provider about how they will proceed. You can ask for a copy of their policy and this will enable you to prepare for what may or may not happen.

Shelter is an excellent website providing advice on all things housing and is most definitely worth a look. Your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau can also help to give advice on your housing situation however the wait for CAB advice around the country differs dramatically.

Although talking to your landlord may also fill you with dread, the sooner you are able to talk to them, the sooner you will know where you stand and the longer you will have to be able to make the right decision for you and get the help and support you might need. 
Sign in or join us to comment.