If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Help for my husband who was abused as a child

SystemSystem Posts: 378 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi I'm Rebecca ask me questions about Mental Health.

Replies

• suebabesuebabe Posts: 6Member Listener
    My husband was physically abused as a child and mentally abused and as a result he's borderline personality disorder and has bad anxiety attacks with it . He waits for people to attack him all the time he says it's what I'm used to being punched . He says inappropriate things to people with his mental illness and I have to explain to everyone that he not wired right so people don't attack him . Now he has to go for pip he's dreading it since he got the letter he's been on a downer he's saying hes not wanting to go for assessment as he's worried he will have a flip out like he does when he feels cornered but I've got his carer to come with him so he keeps a bit calmer . Why do they have to make you feel so inadequate 
  • RebeccaMHadvisorRebeccaMHadvisor Posts: 99Member Courageous
    Hi @suebabe
    It sounds as though you are doing a great job supporting your husband and you are doing the right thing by inviting his carer if that is something that helps to keep him calm. 
    Any assessment that may have an impact on your income will be stressful, particularly if this is the first time he has been assessed and he doesn't know what to expect. Perhaps @BenefitsTrainingCo could give a little advice on the assessment process and some tips on how you can both prepare.
    Rebecca

Sign in or join us to comment.