Testing on animals — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Testing on animals

Options
rockroz53
rockroz53 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Hi I'm rockroz53 and hate the thought of people testing on animals for cosmetics I buy cruelty free products and also hate people who wear real fur if u care for animals I think people should start showing it wear fake fur and cruelty free products to save our animals and let them go free to live in the wild and also I think we should punish severely  poaches and hunters and ship them over to America and get lethal injection asap

Comments

• Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    Options
    @rockroz53 welcome. I agree with you, I too buy cruelty free products, would never wear fur, not even fake fur to be honest as I wouldn't even like it to look like a dead animal.
    However I wonder what this post is doing on here?
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @rockroz53

Thanks for sharing. I've moved your post to the coffee lounge, which is our general chat area. 

This is a community for people connected by disability. Is this relevant to that?

Thanks,
    Alex
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Alex in my opinion yes. One thing which is said regularly is that we are not defined by our disability, while I may not agree with all that @rockroz53 said at least it gives more depth to who she is beyond, I assume, either someone with a disability or affected by disability.

Beyond being a new member and posting in the wrong forum, the coffee lounge description says:  Enter our virtual coffee lounge, and chat to other community members about anything and everything. Members can decide whether or not they engage with a particular conversation, and as long this is done respectfully and keeping to the points raised - rather than attacking an individual I don't see why conversations like this are out of place.

To be clear I don't interpret the description to mean anything goes. For example using the coffee lounge to spam, promote illegal software, incite hatred etc. Or as currently required not to prompt voting for a particular party. 

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• dedus
    dedus Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    Couldn't agree more , I detest people that are cruel to animals in any way , lab testing is the worst , they should shoot the testers , 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.