Solicitor Help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Solicitor Help

Options
johnny100
johnny100 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
My Solicitor is preparing my Tribunal paperwork.It has taken me ages to find someone to help me.I have been to welfare right,citezens advice etc but they all say they are busy,short staffed etc.My appeal should have been in by the 24th April 2017.I rang the appeal centre in Bradford and they said the Judge may not be happy that its late.Hax anyone else on this forum had a simalar problem.I am hoping that my Solicitor will call them just to clarify the position.Yhe only problem then is waiting for the tribunal date which I believe can take months. 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi @johnny100 while I do not have any experience with tribunal regarding benefit decisions, the experience I do have suggests that the judges generally don't like delays unless there is a good reason. As you say hopefully your solicitor should be able to take care of this.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.