Getting out and about — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting out and about

mamp
mamp Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi
Like many I have been put on pip and lost my mobility conponant have asked them to look again and the still won't let me have it.
I will have difficulty getting out and about now when my bus pass runs out in October. 
Walking is so painful and need someone with me if I need to go shoping or an appointment where I might need to undress. So on the bus that's over £10 return each time and a taxi is a no no, unless I have saved for one like this week I have an appointment for injections in my legs. So had to save so I can get home as not aloud to use the bus back.
So that's going to be £15 for us to get there and back and that's local. Dreading having to go mri in September going to cost a fortune and then when I have my op later in year don't know if I will have enough money to get home after 

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @mamp

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you lost the mobility component - did you appeal? Many appeals are successful.

You might be able to apply for a new bus pass without it? There's a search on Gov.uk which will show you your local eligibility.

Also for your MRI, is hospital transport an option?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.