If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]


gillo141610gillo141610 Posts: 1Member Listener
edited May 2017 in Mental health issues
iv suffered mental health and chronic panic attacks for years but now I think I'm bipolar my friends and family have picked up on things I get really agitated if things are ok even and I panic over things what probably aren't even going to happen??


  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,732Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @gillo141610 welcome to the community, if you are concerned about your mental health, the best place to start is seeing your GP.

    You say you have suffered with mental health issues for a long time, do you have a contact with the mental health team who you could discuss your feelings about bipolar with?
    Senior online community officer
  • Ajk110Ajk110 Posts: 47Member Community champion
    Hi @gillo141610 I completely agree with @Sam_Scope and suggest you begin with your GP. The symptoms you describe could be linked to a number of conditions other than bipolar, for example generalised anxiety. This is why, though it's good to read up and to be aware of how your mental health is, it's important to seek professional help when things aren't feeling right. Best of luck.
Sign in or join us to comment.