Feeling isolated — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling isolated

Options
mandylyon
mandylyon Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello to you all.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @mandylyon welcome to the community, do you want to tell us a bit more about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mandylyon
    mandylyon Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Everyone, l am new to this group, well actually a year but have never plucked up the courage before to write anything. Well here goes. I am 55 and have had to live on benefits for the last few years due to severe arthritis. I miss working so much. These days I never see anyone and can feel so isolated. Being on strong medication l find it hard to get out. I am also a brittle diabetic. And suffer with depression.Sorry for the long intro.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome (back!) to the community, @mandylyon- great to meet you!

I'm so sorry to hear things are tough at the moment. We're a friendly bunch here on the community so do get involved with discussions, and if we can be of any assistance, just let us know. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.