incapacity benifit, stopped.no notice. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

incapacity benifit, stopped.no notice.

firefox4
firefox4 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

case history. epilepsy. at approx. 20 yrs old. after having a operation, my social worker FINALLY got me on d.l.a. with a `back payment`. this was then later stopped. put on incapacity benefit. then stopped.  now approx. two year`s, nothing at all. I was later told I was entitled to pip`s.as on the d.l.a., should I be allowed a `back payment` ?    thank you for taking a long time reading this.

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @firefox4

I suggest that you re-post in 'Ask a benefits advisor' category.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    I've moved this over the be benefits advisor category.

Have you applied for PIP @firefox4
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @firefox4

It certainly seems that your benefits need looking at!

From the description above, I cannot tell whether or not you would seem eligible for PIP, but from the information you have given I would say that if you are eligible it probably would not be backdated.

If you have a local advice agency, I would recommend trying to get in to see someone face to face to have a full benefit check, but if this is not possible then it would certainly do no harm to make a claim for PIP - the worst they could say is no!

Best of luck with it, and do let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.