DLA to pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to pip

frogy
frogy Community member Posts: 21 Connected
I wonder if anyone can help me,I have a pip assessment coming up,I have permenant foot drop left foot after spine operation ,had a brain injury 7 years ago which gave me a stroke,now I have bad anger and temper with people and short term memory problems I have bad depression for 15 years chronic sarciodosis to many to list I currently receive low care dla how would I get on at pip assessment thanks frogy.

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    It's not possible to say. The criteria is different. And some of us have found that the assessors have lied.
  • frogy
    frogy Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Thanks for your reply ,because I have to wear a full plastic foot brace I have to wear shots because wearing trousers the plastic rubs againced my calf and makes it bleed and burn will it go againsed me if I go to assessment in shorts thanks frogy
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    There is a Scope thread about preparing for a PIP assessment.  Details below:

How to Prepare for a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @frogy From what you've said wearing shorts will make it easier to describe your problems. It wouldn't be any use wearing trousers and then trying to tell the assessor why you have to wear shorts and them not being able to see the problem. The only dress advice I've read is to wear things that are easy to put on without lots of buttons or fasteners if you want to tell them you have trouble dressing without someone helping. As well as the above links have you watched the video of how the assessment should be done on the ATOS website? You are entitled to see the screen and correct anything false written about you. It helps to take someone along with you and to ask them to take notes of what is said and your MSE results if you're able to do any of them. Be careful how you word your refusal to say you can't and why otherwise the assessor may write that you refused to do whatever to make it sound like you could do it but won't. Watch out for trick questions out of context that may be to gather information to say what you can do. Like what are your hobbies? Don't put anything on the floor or pick anything up. Sorry if I've repeated anything you've read elsewhere. Good Luck..  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.