Wheelchair — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wheelchair

Options
darryl
darryl Community member Posts: 2 Connected
Hi, has anyone else had a problem with Ajmhealthcare ? I was kicked off ESA in june last year and told i could work as long as i used a wheelchair. My Dr referred me for one in August and but I didn't get to have the assessment by an O.T until February this year because i was told the company was very busy. I was told 5 weeks wait by the O.T and 5 months later I'm still waiting and of course I have had no money from the government since last june. When I phone and ask the company they just say it's been ordered and it won't come any faster because I called. Now who do i speak to about this, im stuck with no income and no chance of getting one. 

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi, Sorry to hear about your problem and welcome to the community.
    I would get back to your doctor and tell him the situation. Also try phoning the ESA helpline :0845 608 8545 I find they are a lot more helpful than the main numbers

• darryl
    darryl Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Options
    Thanks, I have been told that they have received my wheelchair and to expect a call..I will not be holding my breath..this government has got lots to answer for, people living with disabilities are being treated like they have deliberately become disabled just to claim benefits. I feel like I should apologise for wasting people's time and money. Thank god for family and great friends.
  • kazudeoji
    kazudeoji Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Have you tried contacting your Local Authority Adult Dissability Team, failing that your local counsellor and or MP. 
    Mrs Karen Udeoji
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @darryl,

How are you? Have you had any news regarding the wheelchair?
    Liam
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @darryl

Welcome to the team/online community.

Have you had any joy with the wheelchair ???

Please please keep us up to speed with things ????

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.