Getting a job if you're disabled — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting a job if you're disabled

Options
fredfinch
fredfinch Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hey guys, I've been going to the jobcentre on and off since I left school. However much they preach their good intentions they are still trying to get me to apply for unsuitable jobs and they still don't know how to deal with my disability. Anyway I made a video about it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxyukTvE4Z4

I wonder how many of you can identify with what i'm saying.

Fred.

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Fred welcome to the Scope community!
    Yes, I can identify everything that you said in that video. I've been in and out of work for 15 years. From when your applying for work in the job centre right through to your last day at work, The other thing is if your condition isn't obvious they think you can work just as quick and efficiently as everyone else. 

If you feel you need help with anything just let us know 
    Glenn
  • fredfinch
    fredfinch Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.