Hobbies — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hobbies

Options
dedus
dedus Community member Posts: 25 Connected
my passion are birds of prey , I have worked and kept these birds for over 30 yrs , and they never cease to amaze me , they were my job for a long time , falconry , I have several birds of prey at home , and fly them regular , they are my inspiration that life is worth living

Comments

• BeccaShark123
    BeccaShark123 Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @dedus !

Birds of Prey sound amazing! I've been to a few displays with them before- they're very majestic looking, especially in-flight. What sorts of Birds of Prey do you keep?

We're more conventional in our house- we have a cat named George :wink:

Becca :)
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    Options
    That is an incredibly cool hobby. Do you live in the countryside? Can you post some pictures of them would be interesting to see :) 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi @dedus,

Wow, that sounds fascinating! I was always mesmerised by the birds of prey shows you could see at your local zoo. I agree with @BeccaShark123 - they really are majestic!

Do you have a favourite bird of prey? I've always found eagles and owls particularly interesting.
    Liam
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What a cool hobby! I love my allotment, going to gigs and reading.  I think my hobbies are a bit boring compared to you!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • dedus
    Options
    I love going to gigs too , used to be a punk , loved all the indie bands , went to download last year , used to go to a gig every week , get chased by skinheads lol
    i love to race bmw,s and motorbikes too , love in the fast lane , as well as draw and write :) I am sure your hobbies are full and rewarding as mine are :)
  • dedus
    Options
    The Eagles are huge and far to big for me to handle , a few of my birds have 4 and 6 ft wingspans , that's big enough for me , I have all the scars as well from their talons, sometimes the gloves are not thick enough when I handle them , hope you all like the pics , 
  • basiclee08
    basiclee08 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    I have just Started to try new sports like Disabled Volleyball and others. but for me I love getting out in the countryside and love the coast too.
  • basiclee08
    basiclee08 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    @dedus s I draw the line at holding baby chickens lol. I could not handle them myself but I do like to see them at shows.
  • Dasiydo
    Dasiydo Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Options
    I got new hobby adopt flowers pot look after it
    V.shaw
  • lexy51
    lexy51 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Options
    I used to do loads of reading now I can't get past 2 pages without falling asleep.
    So my latest fad is crochet I'm teaching myself the stitches and new patterns from watching youtube videos.
  • ClydeBuilt
    ClydeBuilt Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    I lost touch with myself last year after I was sectioned, now a year later I still struggle to do the things I liked doing. More so now when DWP views such activities as a sign your 100% fit to work.

On my dark days I try to do something related to hobbies, perhaps not really doing that, but related to it. It helps me get some light on things for a little while.
    DWP seem to think everythings i in B&W mentally and physically...its not!
    The only thing I find 'instant' is the compulsion to end it all and put and end to the harrasment, theres no grey area there.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.