Wheelchair hoist advice for electric wheelchair (Pride i-go) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wheelchair hoist advice for electric wheelchair (Pride i-go)

Options
Snowbelle
Snowbelle Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me?

I am looking into getting a powered wheelchair (Pride i-go), but will need a wheelchair hoist to get it into the boot of my car (Hyundai i-20).
Does anyone have a Pride i-Go (or similar forward folding wheelchair (collapses like a deck-chair).  If so have you been able to find a wheelchair hoist that can lift it into your boot?

(The height of the aperture of my boot is shorter than the height of the wheelchair folded & standing up on it's wheels, however it fits if lifted up flat - the car conversion company said it would depend on whether it's possible to find a tipping point that two anchors could be attached to the wheelchair to lift it flat into the boot.  It's a relatively new chair, hence I need your help to see if anyone's been able to do it yet!)  

Thanks!  

Snowbelle

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.