daughter with aspergers, ADHD, severe depression and anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

daughter with aspergers, ADHD, severe depression and anxiety

Options
pedlar
pedlar Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I am the sole carer for my daughter who has aspergers, ADHD, severe depression and anxiety

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi welcome to the Scope community. 
    Can we help in any way?
  • pedlar
    Options
    It is just nice to know there are people out there I can talk to if I ever need to, it's been a long and hard journey for me and my daughter, she was diagnosed with aspergers when she was 12 but didn't actually get any help for it until she was 16 then they just out her on antidepressants, eventually at 18 she was seen by adult services and has been on correct medication, age 19 she was also diagnosed with ADHD so is now on that medication also, it has been a nightmare with permanent exclusion from school at age 13, she has been to 15 different provisions and recently she had been sectioned and was in hospital for over 2 months after taking numerous overdoses and lots of self harming
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pedlar.
    It's great to meet you, wow my heart goes out to you. What a journey that you have been on over the past few years. Hopefully you are close to getting the help that you need. Please let me know if I can help you further ???
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @pedlar,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

There are plenty of groups and discussions which you can get involved with, whether it be to have a chat, or to ask for some help and support. You may find our Parents and Carers category of particular interest.

If you have any questions, please do get in touch.
    Liam
  • pedlar
    Options
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @pedlar it sounds like you have had a really tough time, I am so glad you are here and feel you can chat with us.

If you have any questions we have an ASD advisor and a Mental Health advisor who are both mums with real life experience.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.