Blue Badge Scheme for PIP standard rate — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue Badge Scheme for PIP standard rate

pc4434
pc4434 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

I have just been taken of DLA and awarded PIP standard mobility, which means I will have to hand my motorbility car back. Will I still be entitled to my blue badge?

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @pc4434

Yes.  Minimum mobility points for Blue Badge = 8.

Are you going to appeal your award?

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Only if all 8 points are for walking and not planning and following a journey.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi pc4434,

You need 8 points for moving around, as Matilda and Nystagmite have explained. Have you still got these? If so, your Blue Badge is secure. These are the rules in England and Northern Ireland by the way - in Scotland and Wales, you can also qualify via the planning and following journeys activity, or, in Scotland only, you can simply qualify by asking for a mandatory reconsideration of the PIP decision.

Also, do check out the package of support from Motability when this happens. It may be worth considering keeping the car for eight weeks, or longer if you qualify for the longer period. Financial support is also available depending on when you joined the scheme and what you decide to do.

If you are considering challenging the decision, the first step is to request a mandatory reconsideration, as I'm sure you know.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.