Difficulty swallowing food — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Difficulty swallowing food

Options
LizH
LizH Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2017 in Cerebral palsy
I am 47 and have had CP from birth.  CP effects my left arm, walking and speech.  I live a full life and have always managed my 'limitations' very well.  I am married and have worked full-time since I was 16.  Basically, I do everything I can :)
Recently though I am getting worried and wondered if anybody else has had similar experiences to the following please?  If so, can you recommend any course of action please - any comment will be welcome.
This year I have found it difficult to swollow some foods and I sometimes chock when generally swollowing nothing.  I do experience 'pain' in my right wrist, which is now travelling up my arm, shoulder, neck and face.  So, me being me have tried to live with it however the swollowing symptom is worrying me now.
I do have a GP appointment next week to flag this up.    

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @LizH,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

There's plenty of groups and discussions which you can get involved with, whether it be for a chat or to ask for some help and support. You may find our Cerebral Palsy category - which I have moved this discussion into - of particular interest.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, please do get in touch.
    Liam

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.