Have you ever experienced discrimination at work? (or not!) - Participants needed for study! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you ever experienced discrimination at work? (or not!) - Participants needed for study!

Options
JasonLang
JasonLang Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Dear workers,

Hi :) my name is Jason, I hope this forum post finds you well! I am currently completing my master's thesis at the University of Nottingham in occupational psychology on the subject of workplace discrimination. I am writing in this forum in the hope that you will perhaps share your experiences of this issue. As someone who has experienced discrimination at work I know how detrimental it can be, and thus how important it is to further understand and possibly prevent the problem. If you could spare 10 minutes from your day and participate in my study by completing a short questionnaire (link below), I would be eternally grateful! All of the formal information is below, thank you!:  :)

The Study:

I would like to invite you to take part in an online research study titled ‘The Impact of Perceived Discrimination on Employee Organisational Citizenship Behaviour and Counterproductive Work Behaviour: The Mediating Effect of Non-Clinical Paranoia’. I am inviting you to take part on the basis that you have experienced workplace discrimination in your current job role, or not.

I am a postgraduate student in the MSc Occupational Psychology programme at the University of Nottingham and I am currently undertaking a research study which forms part of my educational qualification. I am hoping to get as many responses as possible from employees who have been discriminated against at work on the basis of a characteristic protected under the Equality Act (2010), or not: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. Anyone aged 18 and above may participate.

The study involves the completion of questionnaires that are relevant for the study’s purpose. Besides a background information questionnaire, you will be asked to fill out a list of questionnaires that address your experiences of discrimination, and your emotions and behaviours in the workplace. Your completion of the survey may not only provide greater insights into workplace mistreatment, but may also function to stress the prevalence of workplace discrimination and to inform interventions aimed at helping victims of prejudice at work. This research has important implications for both individual workers and organisations, therefore your participation is extremely valuable!

A participant information sheet is included on the first page of the online questionnaire (link below). It details the background of and the procedure for the study. Please read the sheet and consider your participation. In case of any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me directly using the details given on the sheet. The link below will take you to the survey, which should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete.

https://nottingham.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/workplace-discrimination-and-employee-emotion-and-behaviou

Participation is entirely voluntary but your contribution to this research is very important. Please be assured that all replies will be anonymised – you will not be identified at any stage to your employing organisation or any other third party. Thank you for your help and I wish you all the best for the future.

Thank you for your time and best wishes,

Jason Lang

Postgraduate Student in MSc Occupational Psychology,

The University of Nottingham

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.