Face2Face making changes to how your disability effects you form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Face2Face making changes to how your disability effects you form

Options
Jupiter
Jupiter Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello All,

Quick question I did not have much time to complete my PIP2 form and when I went to my face-to-face appointment when speaking with the health professional I made points on each of the questions especially moving around
  • - I made more clear what I was trying to say on my pip2 form
  • - Made reference to points and qunatified what I meant when saying how much it effected me e.g. when doing this type of task or activity
  • - Made it more clear that it is the majority of the time rather then percentage 
  • - mentioned that if I know I have something important to do such as a wedding I will prepare myself for that event by resting and increasing medication as advised by doctor
I am just wondering as I did this as part of the process and the health professional was typing away do I need to update my form?
Its not a change of my disability but just being more clear/transparent on how it impacts my life.

I have now received both enhanced parts so it just makes me worry, on the letter it refers to giving me these benefits based on medical evidence and just mentions my description of a typical day to the assessor listing my pip2 form last.

Am not sure how much honest I could be other then keeping a journal everyday for 12 months or more.

Thanks
Jo

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jupiter.

A very big welcome to you I do hope that you are having a good morning ???

Please please visit are home page where there is tons & tons if info on PIP's

Please have a good look though the info &'please come back to us if require anymore help ????

There is a very long list off Advisors who would be able to offer you some advice as well.

We have al so got a very active online community which has many people who would be very very happy to help in anyway .
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Jupiter,

The evidence you gave to the assessor is all part of the evidence used to make the decision. As you have got both components at the enhanced rate I don't think there is anything to worry about here. 

Sending in a revised PIP2 at this stage isn't a good idea as the DWP might think there's been a change. Instead, I would be confident that you did well at your assessment and helped the assessor to understand the problems you have in your daily living and mobility. These should be expressed on the assessor's report, which you can ask for if you want to, but that is evidence - in other words, your verbal evidence has informed the assessor's report and that is all part of the medical evidence used to make the decision. 

It sounds as if you have been entirely up front and you've got the right award. There's no harm in keeping a journal though, because PIP does get reassessed from time to time (usually on a shorter form) and you could use the journal to help you with the reassessment form if that happens.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.