mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mandatory reconsideration

ollieconure
ollieconure Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
hi all i was awarded standard on both over 2 weeks ago i rang to speak to advisor about i can't use a cooker because i have arthritis in both knees and use a lightweight walker in doors to stop me from falling down i told them this on the phone and that it was not safe to use a cooker because i use both hands to hold onto walker how would i be able to use a cooker even if i used a perching stool i still need to hold onto the units to pull myself up so how could i handle pans etc, anyway the advisor said ask doctor to word this in his own words about uhow unsafe it was for you.so i agreed this was 2 weeks ago I'm due to see gp on wedsanday for letter.i just rang pip just now and was told my reconsideration has been done on the 29th of june and stayed the same rate, the advisor was shocked to read this because they have not even given the 1 month to send in evidence even if i did ask for reconsideration.

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    @ollieconure Yet another mess they've made of things! Was it a case worker you spoke to after your 1st decision or just an ordinary advisor? Advisor's are the people who answer the phone when you ring whereas you have to book a call back from a decision maker or case worker as they're now called. Anyhow I advise you to ask for a call back from the person making the decision on your claim and tell whoever rings they have done the MR too soon as you had a month to send in more evidence and they didn't even wait that long. Also say you had already arranged to send in more evidence so they knew it was being sent and they had agreed to wait. Try and work out a timescale when you'll be able to get the Doctor's letter to them if it's longer than the month and make sure they record the date on your records. You should get an agreement for your claim to be reviewed again as they are in the wrong. Keep us posted.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.