Please read PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please read PIP

Options
aries
aries Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
hi there folks. Right I have been informed today by a judge that the DWP, CAPITA aren't telling people to make a fresh claim when there PIP is turned down. Apparently, according to the judge in the tribunal told my aunt that she should have made a new claim when it had been refused and stopped. He said that you haven't stopped needing the benefit, support, care etc you are therefore entitled to and should make a new claim straight away. He said you should have been told this??
you do not loose a.ny back pay your reconsideration/tribunal will still go ahead an if you succeed you get all your back pay for the time your your money was stopped.
Well its taken around a nervous 30 minute phone call an I'm making a new oclaim. 
So really what have you got to loose? Your back pay noooooo! 
Dont be fooled 
Aries

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.