Housing grants ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing grants ?

Pebbster87
Pebbster87 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi im in heanor so my council is amber valley been on council waiting list for 4 years 2 years at band a highest band no luck with properties so far is there any grants out there to help me buy my own house at all I can out down a fair bit and can be accepted for a mortgage well 2 companies have said but till the day I go for it im not sure well wait and see 
Thanks 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Pebbster87  and welcome to the community.

I am not aware of any grants, however there are a couple of options which you might want to consider. Help to Buy, and Shared Ownership. For more information and to see if you eligible see https://www.helptobuymidlands.co.uk

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Pebbster87 welcome to the community, are you a disabled person?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @Pebbster87,

There aren't any grants available to help you buy your own home. There's some help through the Help to Buy scheme but not grants.

If you have a deposit and you've had mortgage offers this sounds quite promising but as you say, until you apply for it, you won't know if you'll be able to get a mortgage for sure. 

There's really good information about Mortgages on the Money Advice Service website with some tools and calculators to help you work out the best way forward.

If you need further advice, let me know.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.