"Hottest disabled man in London" on First Dates — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

"Hottest disabled man in London" on First Dates

Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
Did anyone see David on First Dates this week? He has Cerebral Palsy and described himself as the "hottest disabled man in London".

He discussed how he felt his CP had affected him in dating and I just thought it was great too see disability and relationships being discussed on mainstream TV.

What do you think? 
Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Anything that helps "normalise" the perception of the disabled and highlights what people have in common rather than their differences must be a good thing.
  • Adri
    Adri Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    What I had said before on Facebook was that I thought that it was really great. Loved watching it. That it shows that some people can see the warm kind lovely person that this man was,and not just judge or choose someone as young people often do, because of there looks etc. She saw him for the person he is, which was lovely, refreshing and so nice. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.