Fibromyalgia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia

Options
moyrabing
moyrabing Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia/ chronic fatigue syndrome almost 2 years ago. My condition has got progressively worse and some days I haven't got the strength to stand let alone walk. Other days I feel ok and can walk for 30 minutes without any payback.
My main pain areas are my legs, mainly lower legs which either pain or cramp and my feet. This puts me off from going very far from home as I worry about getting back if it suddenly comes on.
i have tried pregabalin and gabapentin without success - both made me feel more tired and made my limbs feel numb and other weird side effects.  I have read that taking magnesium supplements can help so I have ordered some tablets today.
Has anyone found anything that helps the condition and does anyone suffer similar symptoms?
Any good advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @moyrabing welcome to the community - I am sorry to hear that you have had such a tough time. I have moved your post to the invisible impairments category, it might be good for you to read through it and connect with other members with Fibromyalgia.

Are you able to work? Do you claim any benefits? Take a look at the benefits calculator to see what support you could potentially claim.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @moyrabing

"Welcome"

I'm so sorry to hear off your current problems.

I'm in a similar position as you are currently.

My Chronic Pain started in 2005 & my health has nosedived ever since.

I'm currently rattling with lots off meds with no joy to date.

I have got a number off "iron's in the fire"

So the "Pain" had better watch out !!!!

• Crispy
    Crispy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia two years ago. It was a relief to know after 10+ years of unexplained chronic symptoms but I was already on almost all the meds they could give me. I take mst (slow release morphine) for a pre-existing back problem. I already had the anxiety and depression which is rapidly getting worse. I have been seeing a chiropractor for years but recently had a massage with the sports therapist in the clinic and I'm hooked. I go every few weeks currently (I am still working so cost isn't too much of a problem for now). She is totally up-to-date and switched on where fibromyalgia is concerned and with a little acupuncture thrown in she really helps with my pain. I am so lucky to have found these people who are also an excellent support system for me and my family.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.