Milton Keynes social life — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Milton Keynes social life

shazian
shazian Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2017 in Coffee lounge
Hello everyone, I am registered Sight Impaired Disabled. I started losing my sight about 2 years ago, January 2017 I was diagnosed with Bialateral Maculopothy. I now a have a white cane. I work full time hours and my manager has purchased computer equipment including Dolphin Software and a Scanner to enable me to do my job. I am in receipt of PIP. I just find my social scene has suffered quite a lot not being able to do all the things that I enjoyed doing. I still go to the theatre and have been to the cinema a couple of times. I live in Milton Keynes. Is there anyone else from Milton Keynes who would perhaps like to meet up for a coffee
 Regards
Sharon xx

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shazian

A very very warm welcome to you I do hope that we can help you ????

We have got plenty of info on our home page where you can hopefully find some info ???

Please have a good look at our online community where you might find some people in your area fingers crossed.

Please please let us know if we can help you further ????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shazian welcome to the community. Have you tried MeetUp? It is a website that advertises tons of local groups, you just search by area. 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.