any advice, support or guidance for epilepsy! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

any advice, support or guidance for epilepsy!

Options
raf87
raf87 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am looking for any support, guidance or advice from anyone who understands epilepsy. i was diagnosed 2 and a half years ago and have been in total denial! i take all my medication as i am told to but recently i was in intensive care for 2 weeks ventilated due to seizures that could not be controlled. I have not recognized nor accepted my epilepsy until now. i ave been out of hospital three weeks, i recovered well to start but this seems to have plateaued. My left side remains weak, trembles and isn't coordinated, like a delayed response. Is this normal to have further damage after being seizing for so long? i have right side temporal lobe epilepsy, my left side is affected daily but this is now much more obvious since the time spent in ICU. I don't seem to be able to get a 'yes that is normal' answer from anyone, some doctors seem very vague with their responses and i need to start accepting my epilepsy but need some honest advice, support or guidance. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.