Invisible impairments
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Check you're happy with the email notifications you're receiving.
• Have a look at how the community will be changing its appearance.
• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Fibromyalgia

jax55jax55 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2017 in Invisible impairments
Hi. I'm Jackie and I suffer with fibromyalgia.  I don't get much relief from my meds and wonder if anyone has any ideas. Thanx

Replies

• Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jax55 welcome to the community!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • EhitEhit Member Posts: 18 Connected
    Hi. I suffer from severe fibromyalgia. I've yet to find anything that helps. I am on all sorts of medication from the GP and consultant. I use olbus oil on my pillow at night and also deep heat. I use hot water bottles and ice packs depending on how I feel. I use lavender a lot too I have saltlamps around my house. The only thing that really helps is a warm climate and going in the sea or a lake (Lake Superior in Canada was amazing) and the Caribbean Sea, neither of which are accessible), but the next best thing is walking on grass bare footed. I'd like to go swimming, but the water is always too cold (which a cold sea or lake helps). I wear crystals - amethyst, is my go to crystal, but I'm wearing two others, but I can't remember their names (brain fog has descended). I also find a massage helps. I'm meeting up with a new guy this week to see if he can help (luckily I can do massage, so we're going to do a swap. I literally try anything.
Sign in or join us to comment.